www.willowandcoconut.com respects the privacy of its website visitors, in particular their rights regarding the automatic processing of personal data. We have therefore formulated and implemented a policy on complete transparency with our customers regarding the processing of personal data, its purpose(s) and the possibilities to exercise your legal rights in the best possible way.
If you require any additional information about the protection of personal data, please visit the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens): https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl.
Article 1 – Definitions
- Website (hereinafter: “Website”) www.willowandcoconut.com.
- Party responsible for processing personal data (hereinafter: “the controller”): Willow and Coconut, established at Joan Muyskenweg 38, 1114AN Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Chamber of Commerce number: 71527230.
Article 2 – Access to the website
Access to and use of the website are strictly personal. You will refrain from using the data and information of this website for your own commercial, political or advertising purposes, as well as for any commercial offers, in particular unsolicited electronic offers.
Article 3 – Website content
All brands, images, texts, comments, illustrations (animated) images, video images, sounds and all the technical applications that can be used to operate this website and more generally all the components used on this website, are protected by the laws on intellectual property. Any reproduction, repetition, use or modification, by any means whatsoever, of all or just part of it, including technical applications, without the prior written permission of the controller, is strictly prohibited. The fact that the controller may not take immediate action against any infringement, cannot be considered as a tacit consent, nor of a waiver of any right to prosecute the infringing party.
Article 4 – Management of the website
For the purpose of proper management of the site, the controller may at any time:
- suspend, interrupt, reduce or decline the access to the website for a particular category of visitors
- delete all information that may disrupt the functioning of the website or conflicts with national or international laws or is contrary to internet etiquette
- make the website temporarily unavailable in order to perform updates
Article 5 – Responsibilities
- The controller is not liable for any failure, disturbances, difficulties or interruptions in the functioning of the website, causing the (temporary) inaccessibility of the website or of any of its functionalities. You, yourself, are responsible for the way you seek connection to our website. You need to take all appropriate steps to protect your equipment and data against hazards such as virus attacks on the Internet. Furthermore, you are responsible for which websites you visit and what information you seek.
- The controller is not liable for any legal proceedings taken against you:
- because of the use of the website or services accessible via the Internet
- The controller is not liable for any damages that incur to you or third parties or your equipment, as a result of your connection to or use of the website and you will refrain from any subsequent (legal) action against the controller.
- If the controller is involved in a dispute because of your (ab)use of this website, he is entitled to (re)claim all subsequent damages from you.
Article 6 – Collection of data
- Your personal data will be collected by Willow and Coconut and (an) external processor(s) Mollie BV, Green creatives, Post NL, Send cloud, Mailchimp, Google Analytics.
- Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’). Name, Address, Postal code, place of residence, country, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile number or home number.
- An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- The personal data that are collected on the website are used mainly by the collector in order to maintain a (commercial) relationship with you and if applicable in order to process your orders. They are recorded in an (electronic) register.
Article 7 – Your rights regarding information
- Pursuant to Article 13 paragraph 2 sub b GDPR each data subject has the right to information on and access to, and rectification, erasure and restriction of processing of his personal data, as well as the right to object to the processing and the right to data portability.
- You can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Each request must be accompanied by a copy of a valid ID, on which you put your signature and state the address where we can contact you.
- Within one month of the submitted request, you will receive an answer from us.
- Depending on the complexity and the number of the requests this period may be extended to two months.
Article 8 – Legal obligations
- If any information is necessary in order to obtain access to certain features of the website, the controller will indicate the mandatory nature of this information when requesting these data.
Article 9 – Collected data and commercial offers
- You may receive commercial offers from the collector. If you do not wish to receive them (anymore), please send us an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal data will not be used by our partners for commercial purposes.
- If you encounter any personal data from other data subjects while visiting our website, you are to refrain from collection, any unauthorized use or any other act that constitutes an infringement of the privacy of the data subject(s) in question. The collector is not responsible in these circumstances.
Article 10 – Data retention
The collected data are used and retained for the duration determined by law.
Article 11 – Cookies
- We use the following types of cookies on our website:
– Functional cookies: like session and login cookies to collect session and login information.
– Anonymized Analytic cookies: to obtain information regarding the visits to our website, like numbers of visitors, popular pages and topics. In this way we can adjust our communication and information to the needs of our visitors. We cannot see who visits our sites or from which personal device the visit has taken place.
- Specifically, we use the following cookies on our website:
No other cookies
- When you visit our website, cookies from the controller and / or third parties may be installed on your equipment.
- For more information about using, managing and deleting cookies for each electronic device, we invite you to consult the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/onderwerpen/internet-telefoon-tv-en-post / cookies # faq
Article 12 – Imagery and products offered
You cannot derive any rights from the imagery that accompanies any offered product on our website.
Article 13 – Applicable Law
These conditions are governed by Dutch law. The court in the district where the collector has its place of business has the sole jurisdiction if any dispute regarding these conditions may arise, save when a legal exception applies.
Article 14– Payment
When registering payment details, we only note your payment method (MasterCard, VISA, IDEAL, Bancontact, Maestro, accept Giro or bank transfer). Of course, bank details are not stored, and all payment options are protected.
Article 15 – Contact
For questions, product information or information about the website itself, please contact: Sales, email@example.com .
The cookies we use
Your permission is required to use certain cookies. We do this by means of a so-called Cookie banner.
- The type of cookies used and their objectives
We use the following type of cookies:
-Functional Cookies: This allows us to make the website function better and is more user-friendly for the visitor. For example, we store your login details or what you have stopped in your shopping basket.
-Anonymous analytical cookies: These make sure that every time you visit a website an anonymous cookie is generated. These cookies know if you have visited the site before or not. Only on the first visit, a cookie is created, the existing cookie is used on subsequent visits. This cookie is for statistical purposes only. Thus, the following data can be collected:
- The amount of Unique Visitors
- How often users visit the site
- Which Pages Users View
- How long users View a specific page
- At which page visitors leave the site
-Analytical cookies: These make sure that every time you visit a website a cookie is generated. These cookies know if you have visited the site before or not. Only on the first visit, a cookie is created, the existing cookie is used on subsequent visits. This cookie is for statistical purposes only. This allows the following data to be collected, such as:
- Which Pages visitors Have Viewed
- How long you stayed on a certain page
- At which page you have left the site
-Own Tracking Cookies: This enables us to find out if you have also been on other website (s) of our network in addition to our website. The resulting profile is not linked to your name, address, email address and the like, but only serves to tailor ads to your profile, so that they are as much relevant to you as possible. For these cookies we ask your permission. Without your permission, these cookies are not placed.
-Social media related cookies: Allows social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn to register which articles and pages you share through their social media sharing buttons. They can also contain tracking cookies that track your surfing habits on the web.
-Site Improvement Cookies: Enables us to test different versions of a webpage to see which page is best visited.
- Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to access, rectify, restrict and delete personal data. In addition, you are entitled to object to the processing of personal data and the right to data transfer. You can exercise these rights by sending us an e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to prevent misuse, we can ask you to identify yourself adequately. When it comes to inspecting personal data linked to a cookie, we ask you to send a copy of the cookie in question. You can find it in your browser’s settings.
- Blocking and deleting Cookies
You can easily block and delete cookies from your Internet browser at all times. You can also set your Internet browser to receive a message when a cookie is placed. You can also specify that certain cookies should not be placed. For this option, please see your browser’s help function. If you remove the cookies in your browser, it can affect the pleasant use of this website.
Some tracking cookies are placed by third parties who, inter alia, use our website to display advertisements. These cookies can be removed centrally via www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Please be aware that if you do not want cookies, we can no longer guarantee that our Website works to your interest. It may be that some features of the site are lost or even that you can no longer visit the website at all. Also, denying cookies does not mean that you will not see any ads at all. The ads are only no longer tailored to your interests and can therefore be repeated more often.
How to adjust your settings varies by browser. If necessary, consult your browser’s help function, or click on one of the icons below to go directly to your browser’s manual.
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/cookies-verwijderen-gegevens-wissen-websites-opgeslagen
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=nl
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/kb/278835
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=nl_NL
- New developments and unforeseen cookies
The texts of our website can be adapted at any time by constant developments. This also applies to our cookie statement. Therefore, please keep this statement regularly to be informed of any changes.
It may also happen that through our websites cookies are placed by others, of which we are not always aware. Do you come across our website with unforeseen cookies that you cannot find in our overview? Let us know via email@example.com. You can also contact the third party directly and ask which cookies they placed, what is the reason for it, what the life of the cookie is and how they have guaranteed your privacy.
- Closing remarks
We will have to adapt these statements occasionally, for example when we modify our website or change the rules around cookies. You can consult this webpage for the latest version.If you have any questions and/or comments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
27 October 2018